In one of my first professional experiences, I was appointed Chief Liaison Officer of CREA España, a network of non-profit organizations and local corporations that promotes collaborative work and development through European funds as well as a closer contact between local authorities and international institutions.
During my term at CREA I was able to learn how to negotiate in international environments and communicate with authorities (Spanish public administration, embassies and the European Commission)
From February 2015 to September 2015 I lead the International Area of this organization with several achievements:
- Created an internationalization strategic plan which successfully incorporated CREA in organisations such as:
- Fundamental Rights Platform of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), being one of the only 27 partners in Spain.
- The Anna Lindh Foundation network in Spain
- Bilateral agreement negotiation with the World Youth Alliance that successfully partnered with CREA for events in Brussels
- Created a team of enthusiastic young students willing to deal with the Erasmus+ programs partnerships, enabling the International Area to triple its participation in international projects with other European organizations.
Moreover, I was in charge of the approval for projects development and international finance supervision by the European Commission.
Finally, I was also in charge of contacting and leading the conversation with international stakeholders and manage the international relations of events like the II Encuentro de la Red Española de Inmigración y Política Local. This event, held in Casa América (Madrid, Spain) counted with the participation of representatives of over ten embassies and the Secretary General of the Iberoamerican Social Security Organization, among other authorities.